Devotional PRAYER List
Overall STRUCTURE of a Prayer Life: "We must offer ALL FIVE types of prayer" (Ephesians 6:18)
1. PERSONAL DEVOTION: worship, communion, spiritual growth
2. PERSONAL PETITION: asking for circumstances in your life to change
3. MEDITATION on God's Word: turning God's Word into conversation with Jesus
4. INTERCESSION for God's CORPORATE Purpose: (1 Thessalonians 3:10; Isa. 62:6-7; Luke 18:7-8)
5. INTERCESSION for specific INDIVIDUALS: (2 Corinthians 1:11; Ephesians 6:19; Philippians 1:19)
F I V E PARTS to a D E V O T I O N A L Prayer List:
PART I. ONE SUPREME PURPOSE FOR OUR LIFE (John 17:26, Ephesians 1:10, 1 John 2:5, 4:12, 17, 18)
PART II. F R U I T: Character of Christ formed in me (Galatians 4:19)
PART III. W I S D O M: Mind of Jesus formed in me (Col.1:9-10)
PART IV. G I F T S: Power of Jesus flowing through me (John 15:8)
PART V. W O R S H I P (John 4:24, Proverbs 17:6 - "The GLORY of a son is his Father)
- Expressions of sweet resolution to obedience
- Recognition of who God is in His majesty and splendour
- Expressions of holy adoration and affections to God (Philippians 3:3 "Glory in Christ Jesus")
INSIGHTS into Times of Devotional Prayer
Our Prayer time is to be filled with intermittent expressions of affectionate adoration and specific thanks giving with much prayer in the spirit (tongues). Express your longings for God.
Our prayer times is based upon the CONFIDENCE that WE CAN HAVE whatever things we ASK in God's will in Jesus Name, if we ask in faith that manifests itself with perseverance.
We MUST prayer with CONFIDENCE that God DELIGHTS in our prayers and that He withholds many blessings until they are persistently asked for in faith.
SUGGESTION: Approach Devotional Prayer in Three Ways
i. By praying the devotional PSALMS
ii. By praying through your Devotional Prayer LIST
iii. By praying through the Direct, SPONTANEOUS Leading of the SPIRIT without aid of Psalms or a prayer list.
PRAY OUT LOUD to help control your thoughts during prayer.
Be PATIENT in prayer. Take time for SILENCE and meaningful REPETITION of your request with spontaneous sighs, groans and tongues (Romans 8:26).
FOCUS on the THRONE of GOD as described in Revelation 4.
I. O N E s u p r e m e REQUEST for MY LIFE
I ASK you, Father, to pour out your LOVE within my heart by the IMPARTATION of the Spirit (Romans 5:5).
To EXPERIENCE by the Spirit PERFECTED love for You and Your precious children (1 John 2:5, 4:12, 17-18).
FATHER, I long to be SUPERNATURALLY FILLED with the KNOWLEDGE of YOU and to be filled with YOUR perfected LOVE and PASSION for the Beloved Man, Christ JESUS that You might be ALL and ALL in me (Eph.4:10; 1 Cor.15:28).
GRANT ME a Holy Spirit IMPARTATION of revelation of the knowledge of the glorious Person who sits at Your right hand (Phil.3:10) That I might KNOW HIM.
IMPART Jesus' CONSUMING ZEAL for You into my heart (John 2:17)
2 Samuel 23:16 - HELP me to pour out my life for Thee, that I might be wholly Yours, God.
Numbers 25:11 - FILL ME with HOLY JEALOUSY for You - "The spirit of Phinehas."
Father, I ASK You to be supernaturally empowered to give a WITNESS of the glory of the Man Christ Jesus and of His delivering power from all the oppressions of satan, so that many unredeemed people might be made whole and then passionately filled with Your perfected love for Your Beloved Son and His dear Church.
II. F R U I T - The CHARACTER of The LORD JESUS Formed in me
God's LOVE has three dimensions to it. ALL three are imparted by the Spirit to us:
1. The KNOWLEDGE of God's love for ME (Ephesians 3:17-19; 1 John 3:1)
2. A Holy Spirit IMPARTATION of love for GOD (Romans 5:5)
3. An OVERFLOW of God's love for the SAINTS (Galatians 5:13-14)
CONSUMED with Love for the Father and the Son and thus the Church. "Love for the saints flows out of love for God"
1. 2 Thessalonians 3:5 - DIRECT my heart into the LOVE of God
2. Romans 5:5 - God's love POURED OUT within my heart by the Holy Spirit
3. Philippians 1:9-11 - Cause me to ABOUND in LOVE
4. Psalm 19:14 - Let my words and meditations please You.
5. 1 Thessalonians 3:12 - Cause me to be FILLED with love
1. DIRECT my heart into the LOVE of God (2 Thessalonians 3:5)
2. God's love POURED OUT within my heart by the Holy Spirit (Romans 5:5)
3. Cause me to ABOUND in LOVE (Philippians 1:9-11)
4. Let my words and meditations PLEASE You (Psalm 19:14)
5. Cause me to be FILLED with love (1 Thessalonians 3:12)
FILL ME with the Spirit of the FEAR of the LORD and HOLINESS
1. Perfected in holiness in the fear of the Lord (2 Corinthians 7:1)
2. Cause me to fear You (Proverbs 2:3-5)
3. Put the fear of the Lord in my heart (Jer. 32:40)
4. UNITE my heart to fear You (Ps 86:11)
5. Release the sanctifying power of your Spirit (1 Thess. 5:23)
6. Establish my heart blameless in holiness (1 Thess. 3:13)
7. Reveal hurtful ways and hidden sins that I'm not conscious of (Ps.19:12, 139:23)
FILL ME with the spirit of STEADFASTNESS and HOPE by the Holy Spirit
1. Colossians 1:11 - strengthened with all might, according to His glorious power, for all patience and longsuffering with joy;
2. 2 Thess.3:5 - Now may the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God and into the patience of Christ.
3. 2 Thess. 2:16 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace,
4. Eph.1:18 - the eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints,
5. Romans 15:13 Holy Spirit imparted ENCOURAGEMENT - Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
By Your PRESENCE strengthen me with Your POWER in my inner man
NOTE: specific PROMISES of JOHN 14-17 (14:20)
James 4:8 and Ps.65:4 RELEASE the NEARNESS of God to me.
Eph.3:16-17 - that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man, 17 that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love,
Col.1:11 - strengthened with all might, according to His glorious power, for all patience and longsuffering with joy;
2 Thess.2:16 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace,
Ps.43:3-4 Fill me with the LIGHT of Your GLORY and PRESENCE (2 Cor. 4:4-6)
Ps.69:17-18 Do not hide they face (Presence) from my daily walk (Ps.80:17)
Hebrews 13:9 STRENGTHEN MY HEART O God
FILL me with JOY, PEACE and COMFORT
PROTECT me from satan's tactics and presumptuous sins
GUARD my lips from sinning
IMPART the Spirit of HUMILITY to me
III. W I S D O M - Mind of Jesus Revealed in me
Spirit of WISDOM for Your corporate PURPOSES - church, home, ministry, job etc
REVELATION of You and the fullness of Your WORD - to know You by revelation
Reveal ETERNITY to me
Specific promises in JOHN 14-17 (mini PRAYER MANUAL, like Psalms)
John 14:21 - Revelation of His love and disclosure
John 14:26 - Teach all things
John 14:17,19 Knowledge of God (17:3)
John 16:13-15 0- 13 However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. 14 He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you. 15 All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He will take of Mine and declare it to you.
IV. G I F T S - Power of Jesus Flowing through me
Seek the power ministry to deliver people so they can fully love Jesus and the Father
Spirit of Prayer released upon me
Power of Conviction on the words I speak
Release the revelation ministry of the Holy Spirit through me
Release the power demonstration ministry of Your Spirit
Spirit of boldness and strength in ministry and release of divine utterance
Spirit of joy and courage by the Holy Spirit in persecution and suffering
Teach me to abound in contentment when I'm in need.
V. W O R S H I P - John 4:24, Proverbs 17:6